Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Most Important Things


When I was a freshman at BYU, I met a girl who left quite an impression on me. Our interaction was brief as we were introduced by a mutual friend, but she was the kind of girl who isn't easy to forget. She was genuine. She was warm. She was friendly, and always said hi when I saw her around campus. She was the real deal- full of goodness, and I definitely learned from her example.

It's funny how blogging makes the world feel smaller. Several months ago on
Bloom I saw the smiling face of this girl, and I smiled back at the screen, excited to read about her good example at a new stage in life. As I read the post, I realized that not only was she still amazing ten years later, now a wife and mother, but she was also enduring great pain with unbelievable grace as she cared for her husband suffering from brain cancer. I bookmarked her blog and read through past entries, feeling of her optimism and strength. I've continued to check in on her sweet family as they experience great trials with patience and faith.

This morning a new post showed in my reader with the sad news that her husband passed away on the 4th of July. And although this is a family that I don't know well, I feel heartbreak for what sweet Lori must be going through right now. She's an incredible woman. There is no doubt in my mind that she will rise to the top and continue to do amazing things. But the sadness of the current reality has stuck with me this morning, reminding me of what is most important in life.


Families can be together forever.
What a beautiful promise.

-Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment