Monday, August 1, 2011

Tributes to Wes

This is a collection of tributes to Wes left on Facebook:
Cory Walker: I feel so honored to have known Wes. He is second only to my own father in those men in my life who have helped shape my moral character. Lori, our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Lisa Arnold: Lori - you and Wes have taught me so much by your example of quiet faith. My heart goes out to you and your family. Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. We love you.

Jayne Miller Layne: I will always remember the time in about the fourth grade that Wes brought over a box of otter pops for my little brother on his birthday. My little brother wasn't home so Wes and I decided to jump on the trampoline and eat about half of the box ourselves. We were just two little kids having fun, laughing, playing, and enjoying our sugar high. Wes was so sweet with such a contagious smile. Truly, there are not many people in this world like him. He will be missed but we know he is in such a great place watching over us all. My prayers are with his sweet family during this time. The Millers love you and are thinking of you.

Morgan Davis: My thoughts and prayers have been with you and your sweet family, Lori, ever since Pres. Reneer called to tell me of Wes's passing. Some of my treasured memories of OH2 were of sitting in the Priest's Quorum meetings with Wes, listening to him teach the gospel to the young men with such conviction and with such an obvious personal stake in what he was bearing witness to. He wasn't afraid to talk about hard things—the things he was going through, how his illness affected him and called forth his faith. I stand in total awe of his gentle but immovable devotion and determination. He will surely bring that same determination to bear on your behalf now from his place of honor in the house of God.
Our family grieves with you in your loss, and we remember you in our prayers. God bless and be with you and Lucy and Spencer.

Ron Crummett: I really wish we could be there. I have some great memories of Wes in the short time we were both at BYU. Godspeed my man, you are still my hero.

Luz Curvelo Swan: I am so sad I will not be able to attend this service =( I have so many great memories of Wes in HS. The thing I remember the most about him is his smile. He had a permanent smile through HS. My brother always looked up to him and also has great memories of him. He is missed. My deepest condolences to all of his family. 

Russell Cameron: Wes, we will truely miss you. Thank you for some great memories growing up and for being such an example. Having been able to know you was a blessing in my life. Until we meet again brother.

Natalie Gleaves: Lori, I'm glad our husbands got to work together in the MPA program. I wish the families in 'Curiously Strong' would have gotten together more often. They really did have an awesome group. We regret not being able to attend the funeral. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your children. 

Karlee Passey: I wish I could make it, your family is in my prayers. Wes was truly one of the best men that I have had the privilege of knowing. He will be missed.

Ariel Lara: Your family is in our prayers. Wes was a great person.

Marie Cummings Wride: We wish we could be in Utah to celebrate this wonderful man. Wes is truly an example of love, good humor, service, and endurance. Lori, Lucy, and Spencer - we send our love and pray that the Comforter might be a close companion.
Love,
Adam and Marie

Brandy Ward: So sorry for your loss...I am sending lots of love and prayers to your family.  Although it's difficult today to see beyond the sorrow, May looking back in memory help comfort you tomorrow

Veronica Blue: I am so sorry of your family's loss. May God give you peace and strength in this sorrowful time. May you celebrate the life that he had and the courage that he had to fight this horrible battle. I pray that you trust in the Lord to comfort and hold you in his grace. I pray that you also find comfort in the knowing that God is taking him home. 

Steve Holiday: Wes was an inspiration and an example of how to live a Christlike life while taking this mortal journey. Even though our paths only crossed for two years, my life has been forever impacted and altered because I knew him. May his family and friends find peace as we struggle to create a better world shaped by his influence, without his presence.
"I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you..."

Suzanne Kershisnik: We love you all so much. I've never seen such a deeply sweet and calm example of steady love and faith and courage. God loves you so much and will hold you close, so close to Him. Sometimes it hurts to be held that close to God, but it heals us, too; it heals us and when we heal, we also grow. Love you, love you.

Shane Jenks: I will miss you Wes. It was great to be a part of your life. See again some day brother. 

Danielle Ballard: Wes is one of the most amazing people I know. I first met Wes in the 7th grade and have had so many fond memories of him since then. He had such a kind heart and always looked for the best in people. I always admired him for strength in the gospel. I was a better person for knowing him. It saddens me that I wasn't a better friend the last 10 years. Lori, I admire you for your strength. You and your family will be truly blessed. You are an amazing wife and mother. I am so sad I will not be at the funeral on Saturday but he will be in my thoughts. 

Aaron Murray: I've never seen anyone so focused and dedicated as I saw Wes while we were in the MTC. Wes had a very happy demeanor, but also an attitude that you face things head on regardless of the difficulty. My thought and prayers are with his family and friends!

Diane Jean Carter: Wes truly exemplified Christ through his service, patience and love. We will truly miss him and pray the Lord's choicest blessings to be with Lori and their beautiful children.

Jason Hatch: Wes is an amazing person! I had the pleasure of teaching him in the MTC, and he exemplified all the qualities of a disciple of Jesus Christ in everything he did. I am a better person because I knew Wes. I pray the comfort of heaven for the Truman family, especially Wes's sweet wife and children. 

Lisa LeMond: So sorry to hear about this, and in such a round about way. I went to high school with Wes. His family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Michael Gray: Your family is in my prayers with the passing of Wes. May you feel the strength from Heavenly Father and Wes' love surround you.

Noel Yucuis: My heart goes out to the Truman family. I know Wes will be missed.

Annstein Von Olsen: Wes Truman was known as Elder Truman where i'm from. We had him to dinner a couple of times and met his wife as he returned to Norway after his mission.
He touched my heart and was one of the best missionaries i've met.
Made me feel sad when i heard the news. His family will be in my thoughts and prayers....

Jacque Chloe Elkington: I know I am a better person for knowing and associating with Wes and Lori. Mark and I talk often on how grateful we are to include them in our circle of friends. Wes, you will be missed deeply and Lori we love you so much and pray for you each and every day. Thank you for the way you have both touched countless lives. 

Wayne Linford: Wes was a true inspiration to those who had the privilege to get to know him... My wife and I have often commented on how great the Truman are... Thank you for your great example... We love you!

Autumn Linford: Our hearts go out to Lori, Lucy, and Spencer. We loved knowing the entire Truman family, and are better people for having known Wes.

Megan McMullin Griffin: I'm so sorry to hear of this. Wes taught my husband and me in the MTC before our mission. He was such a kind man, and what an inspiration to us and the others who served in Norway. My sympathy is with his family.

Elham Roohani Khomassi: I remember Wes as being as true gentleman, even when we were in middle school and everyone was awful. I am truly saddened by this news but rejoice in his reunion with his beloved Creator.
"Know thou of a truth that the soul, after its separation from the body, will continue to progress until it attaineth the presence of God, in a state and condition which neither the revolution of ages and centuries, nor the changes and chances of this world, can alter. It will endure as long as the Kingdom of God, His sovereignty, His dominion and power will endure."

Shannon O’Neill: I remember him exactly the same way, all the way back to Dondero and GATE class. He was one of the nicest boys always willing to help and always had a smile. I am so sad to hear of his passing.

Jon Blodgett: Wes was my MTC teacher. He was a gifted teacher. More than anything else I learned through his example what it means to be a disiple of Christ. His humilty, Kindness, and faith inspire me to live a more holy life. Im sorry for the loss of this great man.

Ian Morris: Very sorry to hear about this. Wes was a great guy and will be missed.

Jade Bytheway: Wes was my MTC Teacher and a great one at that. I learned so much from him. I enjoyed running into him a few times since then. Great Man. Sorry for the loss. I just lost my brother a couple weeks ago to Brain Cancer. My family will keep your family in our prayers.

Natalie Galler Ellsworth: Wish we could make it. So sad to hear of his passing. Lori, Lucy and Spencer will be in our prayers.

Jon Middleton: So sad to learn of the passing of Wes Truman... He was truely one of the great one's! I feel so incredibly blessed and honored to have even been acquainted with him. I had the great opportunity to be in Norway with him, and all I can say is what an inspiring individual! You will be truely missed, God bless your family while you are away for a time Brother.

Becca Dant Terpstra: I wish I could attend the funeral; I always thought so highly of Wes. A good, kind man always with a smile on his face. Thoughts & prayers go to his family.

Scott Christensen: I started and ended my mission with Wes and was lucky enough to be comps with him for a few months in between. Wes was truly a guileless human being. He tried to make himself better everyday. I remember him wandering through our apartment in the morning reciting verses and passages over and over again, with the goal of memorizing ridiculous amounts of information. I also remember many, many late night conversations about his elaborate plan to woo and marry his sweetheart, Lori. I was floored when I heard that he actually pulled it off! Wes was and is an inspiration. My life is better for knowing him. Condolences and best wishes to his family during this difficult time.

Tyler Tiberius: He is one of the happiest, brightest souls I have every known

Jeff Matson: I was fortunate to serve as companions with Wes not only once but two times on my mission. He was such an inspiration to me as he was constantly striving to improve himself and become better each day. He was fun to be with and working with him was never a burden as we could laugh and enjoy each day and the challenges we faced. My prayers and deepest sympathies go out to his family. 

Rob Reynard: We know Wes' extended family well. I didn't know he had passed. His wife is amazing.

David Droge: I love Wes' smile. He was always happy to see you, and no matter how long it had been, it was always as if we had just hung out last night and we hadn't missed a beat. A good friend to all, and a great example of being a sweet loving Dad. Thanks Wes! 

Brian Aranda: Brother Truman was an amazing person, one of the best leaders in had. I"m glad that i got to meet him. 

Candace Christensen Knouse: My thoughts and prayers are with your family. I'm very lucky to have known Wes. He was a very good man. 

Cory Martin: Wes was and forever will be my personal example of Christlike living. Thank you, Wes, for your wonderful example. 

Gabrielle Thomas: I wish I could attend! I loved wes so much he was a great role model and teacher.

Tove Mayer: I am so sorry to hear this. We had a wonderful time as he stayed at our house as a missionary. What a wonderful young man is was , a great missionary and a great person.The the knowledge of the eternal gospel that he embraced be of comfort to you during this hard time.

Edvaldo Correia: Minhas condolências ao querido Wes. 

Ole Podhorny: my condolences.

Spencer Fields: How grateful I am to have known Wes. I hope to someday be as great a man as he is. Our prayers are with his family. May God continue to be with and bless them.
Much love,
Spencer and Kim

Oddbjørn Strand-Angermann: This is such a sad day. Such a wonderful young man is gone, but a great worker has passed through . May the Lord bless the family and give them comfort in the knowledge of the eternal family.

Spencer Humphrey: I knew Wes during high school and to this day he is the most Christ like person I have ever known. It is amazing to read everyone's comments and hear about the influence he has had. Although I am mourning his loss, I anticipate attending the funeral services and celebrating his life. 

Wendy Wilcox: So sorry for the passing of Wes. He was a great example of faith and love. Each time I spoke with him I could feel his strong spirit. He was truly a disciple of Christ. We will miss him. May the Lord's blessing of peace be with Lori, Lucy and Spencer. 

Vance King: I knew Wes in the MPA program at BYU. We did some group work together. I was amazed at his work ethic and natural ability. He was so kind to me as I tried to keep up with him in class. I looked up to him--and still do. I have no doubt he will be hard at work on the other side, waiting to be reunited to his family and friends left behind. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family: You will see Wes again. 

Spencer McConkie: Wes was a kind and true friend. He will be deeply missed. 

Zach Van Wagoner: I'm very sorry to hear of Wes' passing. He was a good friend and excellent example. I pray that his family may find peace and comfort in the knowledge that they will be with him again and that he had touched the lives of so many. Wes will be missed.

Lauren Brown: My dear, sweet, one-of-a-kind friend... You will forever be loved, missed, cherished, and remembered. Thank you for inspiring me to be a better human being.

Erna D. Olsen: God be with you and your family Wes. Thank you for being a good missionary in Norway. Till we meet again.

Mark Truman: Wes I'll see you again someday, until then we will all miss you dearly.

Veronica Blue: We have lost a great young man. The Lord giveth and taketh away and though we don't always know why he does what he does, he does it in his time. May God bless your family Wes and hold them tight in the midst of your passing. Goodbye old friend.

Jeromy Hart: I will always remember the days of auto tech when we would go get your car "to work on it," but instead end up in the drive thru at carl's jr or barely making the bus for away games because we were sitting in the hot tub...at least we would dry off before the game started. Wes, you are a great friend and a great example. I look forward to the day we can catch up once again. I have plenty of stories for you. 

Gabrielle Thomas: Wes Truman, You will be missed, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Cory Walker: Some of my most cherished memories were made at your side and some of the most important things I have learned I gleaned from your example. Peace in the Lord's embrace Truman.

Rachel Gentry Little: We Love ya Wes! You left a great legacy. Until we meet again....!!!!

Scott Jacobs: Wes you were always a good example to me and a true friend. I will miss you. God bless your family in your absence. Until we meet again, Farvel og Tak min ven!

Kendall Simpson: You will be missed my friend!!! You were a good man!!!

Rebecca Hale Bunker: Til We Meet Again. May the Lord bless you sweet family. Much Love.

Levi S. Larkin: Rest in peace my friend. I can't remember a time when you weren't an example for good. I will always have absolute respect for you. 

Travis Dallimore: Wes, you were an inspiration to me and a GIANT among men! Thanks for your example and friendship.

Diona Mann: Wes, God Bless you fine son. You lived as perfect a life as you possibly could and you did it joyfully. What a great example you were to all the missionaries of Norway, but especially to Moses, Jordan and my family. See you on the other side. love to you all

Torunn Håland Bruns: We have such great memories of you coming over, playing games and just hanging out at our house here in Norway! You were a true joy to get to know! Our thougts and prayers go to your beautiful family! Lots of love always, Torunn and Dimitri 

Kim Leavitt Raper: til we meet again, my friend... love always, kim~

McKenzie Lawyer Davies: We, Ryan and I admire you and Lori so much. We will miss you, but look forward to seeing you unite with your wonderful family again. 

Ron Crummett: RIP my man Wes Truman. You will always have my respect.

Kim Coon Domacilio: You are the best! We will miss you.

Leo Curvelo: Wes truman... You were part of my happiest memories of my Lds days back Wes. My thoughts are with your family in this tough time!! Thanks for being a great part if my child hood. 

Matt McArthur: Rest in peace, Wes. May the Light forever shine on your soul! We'll miss you buddy!

Jonathan J.M. Poort: Wes Truman...a man in which was no guile- John1:47...till we meet again brother,till we meet again.

Lauren Brown: My dear, sweet, one-of-a-kind friend… You will forever be loved, missed, cherished, and remembered.  Thank you for inspiring me to be a better human being.

Moses Ajetunmobi: My good friend and brother in Christ, you have touched my heart and inspired me to live a Christ-like life by your great example.  God be with you till we meet again at Jesus feet.

Gabrielle Thomas: Wes I wish I could have been there today.  My mom went and told me everything.  I can’t imagine you gone, but I know I will see you again someday J  You are truly an inspiration.
Amber Faridi: Rest in peace, Wes. I am sad I couldn't make it today. You are dearly missed and will always be in our hearts. Until we meet again.
Andrew N Ariel Marshall: Been thinking about you, Wes. I miss you and feel extremely blessed to have crossed your path in mortality. Looking forward to crossing paths again.
Dion Wall: I only hope I can have as positive an influence on as many people as Wes did in the brief time he was with you. A great man. All my prayers and best wishes go to Lori and their family.

No comments:

Post a Comment