Sunday, July 10, 2011

Fellow Missionary

I never got to know the Trumans very well, unfortunately, but I served in Norway at the same time as Wes. We were never in the same area, but I served with several elders who knew and loved Elder Truman. We did meet a number of different times, during and after our missions, and he always managed to convey a sense of care and love even in brief contacts.

I had the wonderful chance to attend the funeral services yesterday for Wes. As I listened to stories, experiences, and testimonies about him, I came to know him much better and to understand why so many people love him so dearly. The loss of any husband, father, son, or brother is a great loss, but the loss of Wes Truman is something truly challenging. This is why it was so amazing for me yesterday to witness the poise and faith of his family after having been dealt such a tremendous blow. I rejoice with them, however, that they had time to say goodbye and to treasure him before he was taken home. Even more, I rejoice in their future reunion after a "small moment" (D&C 121).

My prayers are with him and his family.



Cameron Andersen

No comments:

Post a Comment